Now is the time to apply to the 10 parishes Community Fund. The deadline for applications is the 12th of October but fear not the application form is extremely simple and easy to fill in. Download it here. Voting for the fund will be online for members this year.
Qualifying parishes are Ashbrittle, Bathealton, Brompton Ralph, Chipstable, Clatworthy, Fitzhead, Huish Champflower, Milverton, Stawley and Wiveliscombe.
Its always nice to see the Community Fund money being used. One of the beneficiaries of the last round of grants was Plain Pond Allotments, who were able to buy a new communal shed for the allotment growers. Plain Pond Allotment Committee member Jane Pinn and BE Director Richard Brunning, are pictured below shortly after the shed’s installation.
At the Brendon Energy AGM in November the members voted on the applications received for the 10 Parishes Community Fund. The following causes received funding:
- £500 Plain Pond Allotments for a communal tool shed
- £300 High Park Music for a saxophone and mouth pieces
- £610 Kingsmead School PTA towards new football goals
- £590 Wiveliscombe Primary PTFA for a new laptop for music lessons
- £250 Kingsmead Educational Trust to fund schoolchildren in Kitwe, Zambia, to attend a sustainability conference
- £250 Shower Power to help to create solar power shower for refugees on Lesvos island, Greece